latest from RAWA

">

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pakistanis love to discuss politics with Americans

In Pakistan, politics is a national sport, like cricket. The political scene in this country, as well as the rest of the world, is always followed very closely by the majority of the population. There are over 30 different political debate programs on local TV stations.

The only government they dislike as much as their own is the government of the USA. They know much more about American Foreign Policy than many Americans do. They look forward to discussing politics with each and every American they meet.

The myth of "anti-American sentiment" is in reality, "anti-American Government sentiment". Pakistanis love Americans and are politically astute enough to differentiate between the citizens of a country and their government. When I travel, I always let people know that I am an American and end up in interesting and educational conversations.







When I travel I am never in any danger! If I am by myself and anyone even looks at me cross-eyed, bystanders would jump in to help me immediately.

THE ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF!!!!!

No comments: